Saturday, 15 December 2012

celebrations

There have been two birthdays here in as many days - first mum and then me, her birthday present 39 years ago!  I ended up baking mum cupcakes instead of a cake - the perils of having a new oven and not much time...  I had to turn it up to its highest setting and let it bake off any odours for half an hour, then let it cool completely before using it again...  so cupcakes it was!  They cooled down in the freezer so I could ice them and serve them for afternoon tea when the kids came home from school.

It's my own birthday today and a much more low key affair!  We have had a relatively quiet day after all the excitement of moving and Joe and I have fallen in a heap.  I am deliriously tired and can't wait til bed time.  I will post some pics of the new house tomorrow - we're having to use prepaid internet until our phone is sorted out and the internet is exceptionally slow...

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I love you. xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to both of you.
    So nice that the first thing you cooked in your new oven were such fun cakes for your Mum.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquie! I didn't think mum would mind having cupcakes - and they were just delicious!

      Delete