Wednesday, 21 November 2012

through the window - the 33rd house

I said to a friend recently that the best part about building is everybody can see what bad taste you have.  Don't like the tiles?  You've only got yourself to blame!  Paint colour?  Carpet?  And just look what you've done in the garden!  Over the years I've built myself a healthy collection of interiors magazines (let's call it 'research') and I've fallen in love with the neutral backdrop.  We've chosen a very white white for the walls and laminate, plus light beige tiles.  The colour will be introduced once we move in - hot pink couch, beautiful artworks and ceramics.  Without the white backdrop, things would have looked too busy.

This is a glimpse through the window at our kitchen and living area - it's almost finished.  And hopefully - fingers crossed - we may even be given our handover date today.  I will keep you posted - that is, if I'm not too busy packing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lucy! Nice to 'meet' you. I read Kate's blog, too. I love a neutral backdrop in a room so you can keep adding and changing colors as you go! Congrats on your new home! Can't wait to see more of your creative goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Christina,

    It's lovely to meet you too! Thank you for coming to visit from Kate's blog - it's lovely, isn't it?!

    Thank you for the kind words about the new home - it's been such a huge thing and we can't wait to start enjoying just being there - and making things again!

    Cheers

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete